Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's all in the detail

Here are some pics I think would be good inspiration for design details in a collection. I am imagining the collection would be a little characterized with an "old world" sort of feel (wooden buttons, etc.), but interpreted in a modern way.

These first pics are inspiration for silhouettes and possible style lines, they can also be a feeling of the fabric. I could imagine some really amazing looks created off these ideas.






This next pic is something i could see used for inspiration or i could see this as being a garment derived from the previous pics. It is a little over-the-top fabulous!!! Definitely a couture piece and not for everyday wear. However, i can see this translated into a print on fabric or maybe used as guidance in creating a composition for a t-shirt design.



I think another interesting mix to this collection would be a sophisticated use of patches/ appliques or some sort of print. The images should be modern, but not real urban, just something to mix the collection up a little and add a pop of color. I like the way the words and "stickers," i guess are placed on the models face. The images with the gas mask and Elvis Presley are my favs, I think something along those lines would be great worked into this collection. It adds a sense of "street style".





I saw this girl wearing this coat. You have to look, but there is an amazing princess seam on the back. It was such a great design detail and functional. The coat was very tailored and she looked very bitchy!...in a good way.



This next pic is a door from my neighborhood, it could also be translated some interesting seaming on a garment or could be used as a composition for color blocking.



Lastly, this is a pic from the Bergdorf Holiday windows! ( Check out the red bows on the outside of the store! they were made by me and my buddy Cory a few years ago!! ) Anyway, i am loving the idea of this book and the way it is manipulated to create that accordion feel. That could be worked in as a detail on some sort of accessory, cool bracelet, maybe worked into some sort of scarf. I think the bird has an intriguing texture going on as well, it recalls the idea of layering and kind of reminds me of the scales of a snakeskin. I think it could be an interesting texture or technique done out of leather for a jacket.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Adjust Your Antennae Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger